Parlour Showing Open Fireplace
cover on the tale of three centuries
was built on a 50-acre roadside holding by the owner’s
great-grandfather in 1864.
It was occupied by
the family ‘til the mid-1980s, and restored to its original
condition in 1993, when its half-door opened to visitors after it had
been given a 4-star rating by the Irish Tourist Board.
For many years
before that, the old farmhouse had exuded a charm that forced
passers-by to turn their cameras on it.
its most shining moment came in 1984 when NBC television flashed it
across the USA, as President Ronald Reagan was about to fly to Ireland
to visit his great-grandfather’s village three miles away.