The City Hall Anglesea Street
Cork City is the headquarters of Cork Corporation and city
administration. The fine concert hall in the building is the venue
for concerts, festivals and functions.
The City Hall was opened in 1936 and replaced
the previous structure that was burned down on 11 September 1920.
It was designed by Architects Jones and Kelly and the six
limestone Tuscan pillars and copper-domed clock tower are
particularly impressive by night.